Saturday, July 21, 2012

I'm walking, I'm walking

I'm totally walking now. Yes it takes me quite awhile to get on here and make a post. My son was up until 10 pm last night at the sitters and is sleeping in this morning, giving me time to enjoy my coffee and get prepared for today! I'm excited, my idea will be a real live thing come August. Today I'm going to help with my ministries Yard Sale, then we are going to try to pick up as many things as we need for my office space. Excited, but know it's real.

My walk with God is regular and something I look forward too. The more I get closer to him, he comes to me. He blesses me. He let's me know he cares in many ways than just money. He's awesome. And I stand in awe of him as I get closer and closer. Before I would try to get close to God because I wanted what he could do for me. Not anymore. I KNOW he can do it ALL for me. I want to know him, be obediant, learn his desires for me, and fulfill my purpose. I have always said "I was going to make an impact" or "I'm special!" haha. I still feel that way. And a few months ago, I felt God's grip on my shoulders shaking me saying "Wake up- Get Serious! Your time is now! Don't miss it". Something in my brain clicked on, and I obliged.

So far I can really see small things about me changing. And other's can see my growth as well. Still wish I would have documented these experiences over the last three months, but that's ok because I will still have more. Project no cursing is doing well. I have blurbed out a few maybe 2x a week when something falls, as a natural response. I'm doing better. Project healthier you, doing ok, making minimal progress. I did commit to joining a gym. Haven't went to the gym yet. It's a process.

I'm about 39% (thanks kindle) completed with What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa Terkeuerst. Here are things I've learned and have applied to my life so far.
  • Phase one: A leaving phase. I have drawn the line in the sand months ago, but I hadn't crossed it. Finally in the two weeks, I went ahead and left my old self behind. That's right I surrendered my flesh. And it didn't kill me. I worked through it slowly. I have taken on my new name (that's another entry) and moved forward walking side by side with God regulary and faithfully. 
  • In phase one I have learned that I need to love God more than 'my' dreams. When I get frustrated with things not forcing them together...I need to learn to offer my dream as a sacrifice. Put it up for now and wait for God's move. 
  • Phase two: Currently reading. Learning about the Famine Phase. Accepting God's invitation and really learning he is with me. Refusing to get bogged down with disappointment or frustration when things aren't working in my time. Staying faithful. Remembering Joseph's 13 year famine phase (Sweet Jesus, 13 years.)
I am taking my time with this book, keeping a notebook with my thoughts, assignsments and goals. Journaling is the best for me. I'm the kind of person who needs to reflect about my choices, goals, etc.

Well I have made small changes like I said within my self. I've gotten serious about 'my father's business'.  I'm walking...


Mary Mary - Walking

No comments:

Post a Comment